One day, inflammation may be regarded as the source of most diseases. There is currently strong evidence that inflammation is involved in a variety of illnesses and diseases including cancer, obesity, heart disease, and arthritis. Of course, inflammation may be the cause of a host of minor issues as well, ranging from acne to an upset stomach, and can even cause rashes and other skin issues. Fortunately, you don’t have to live with inflammation. Reducing inflammation naturally may be more effective than conventional treatments.
The Mediator Release Test
The LEAP Mediator Release Test (AKA the “LEAP MRT”) is the most comprehensive blood test that discovers what foods are causing excessive inflammation in your body. Several vials of blood are drawn and sent to a lab. Your blood is then divided into more than 150 different test tubes and exposed to various food substances. The live blood will provide the necessary immune response that the lab needs in order to determine which foods are causing the most inflammation in your body.
The test can even determine whether the inflammation is good or bad, as some inflammation in your body is necessary for the healing of wounds and other typical functions of the body. The “magic” in the LEAP test is that it’s capable of looking at both Type 3 and Type 4 hypersensitivity reactions (immune complex disease and delayed-type hypersensitivity, cell-mediated immune memory response, antibody-independent). Mediators released from immune cells include:
- Platelet Aggregating Factor
- Eosinophil Chemotactic Factor
- Eosinophil Cationic Protein
The MRT focuses on only the most important factors that determine food sensitivity to a particular food which can in return result in bad inflammation. LEAP MRT is 94.5 percent accurate, with a specificity of 91.7 percent and a split sample reproducibility of more than 90 percent.
It’s a very accurate test that will tell you which foods are causing the most inflammation in your body. Once you have this information, you will know which foods to avoid. Naturally, this will reduce the inflammation in your body and help you improve your overall health and well-being.
3 Foods for Reducing Inflammation Naturally
1. Turmeric Studies show that curcumin, a substance found in the yellow spice turmeric, can help control inflammation in the body. Once you know which foods are causing inflammation you can better manage yourself with a daily intake of turmeric. To get the benefit of the curcumin, you can either buy curcumin supplements or eat more turmeric. 400 to 600 mg per day of turmeric three times per day should suffice. Start slow, and work your way up to a therapeutic dose. Since turmeric is relatively inexpensive, this is one of the most affordable solutions in helping to reduce long-term inflammation.
2. Fish Oil Few supplements are as well-studied and regarded as fish oil. It’s known that omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce the damaging effects of excessive omega-6 fats in the diet. However, the wrong kind of fish can actually cause inflammation instead of reduce it. In particular, rancid fish oil, or just an excessive amount of it can actually make matters worse. For fish oil to reduce inflammation, you should try to limit your intake of omega-6 fatty acids and supplement your diet with up to one or two grams per day of a high-quality omega-3 supplement.
3. Magnesium More than 300 different enzymes in the body use magnesium. It can help to reduce or control inflammation. It’s a natural calcium channel blocker. What more could you want? Most people don’t get enough of this vital mineral. If you’re not getting at least 400mg per day consider supplementing your diet with a good magnesium citrate, malate, or glycinate supplement.
Read more about the health benefits of magnesium.
[Editor’s Note: We also recommend an excellent magnesium supplement like Natural Calm from our
Image via Johan Larsson