At the very least I recommend to keep some Powdered Kelp & Spirulina in the house – these are inexpensive and powerful emergency solutions. Many Asians that consume sea vegetables have shown little or no negative physical effects from radiation fallout.
Radiation damage can occur from radiation sources such as x-ray imaging, nuclear power, or fallout from atomic weapons. When exposed to excess radiation it breaks strands of DNA in the body's cells causing cell death.
Symptoms of Radiation Damage
Radiation sickness can occur within 24 hours of exposure or if chronic symptoms can be over an extended time.
Radiation syndrome symptoms include malaise, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, fever, headache. Bleeding and complications can affect the digestive system, nervous system, heart, and lungs.
- Central nervous system diseases
- Kidney, liver, or gastrointestinal problems
- Poor growth in children
- Skin conditions
- Inflammation around the heart
- Lung conditions or even respiratory failure
- Vision issues including cataracts or even impairment
- Reproductive organ damage
If the person exposed is very young or on heavy chemotherapy for cancer or on antibiotics or with a weaker than normal immune system, they could be at an even greater risk.
- Greens – all kinds of green lettuces
- Miso – a fermented soybean paste (eaten raw for best results)
- Mineral rich foods – Potassium, calcium and mineral rich greens, seaweeds, and olives
- High iodine foods – Greens: swiss chard, turnip greens, wild garlic, onion, watercress, squash, mustard, spinach, asparagus, kale, citrus fruits, watermelon, and pineapple. Seaweeds / Sea Vegetables: kelp, arame, wakame, kombu, and hijiki*
*Please note: For packaged seaweeds it is highly advised to call companies to ensure they provide a 3rd party lab report confirming iodine is present.
Foods To Eat In Moderation :Cruciferous/Brassica Vegetables
Best to use 2-3x a week in a moderate amount, as daily use in larger amounts could prevent iodine absorption.
Arugula, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, box choy, chinese cabbage, daikon radish, horseradish, kohlrabi, maca, radish, rapini, rutabaga, turnip, wasabi, watercress.
Foods To Avoid
- Avoid any alcohol, refined sugars, sweets … or anything that weakens/lowers immunity
- Avoid GMO foods: wheat, potatoes, corn…
- Avoid excess and any cooked fats. Ie: no heated oils and if you do eat animal foods only very low fat and lean to be extra safe
- Consume only ‘raw’ fats in moderate amounts
- Some raw fats will actually help bind and remove toxins
Please Note: It is best to avoid Asian sea vegetables/seaweeds until testing proves they are safe to eat. Try to find North American products.
- Aloe Vera – powerful for healing all kinds of skin conditions
- Ashwaganda – adoptogen, overall immune strengthening as it increase lymphocytes
- Black Walnut Tincture
- Chelaton Clay – binds with many poisons and absorbs 100x its weight in toxins, can be used internally and in a bath
- Coconut Oil? – thyroid support
- Camu Camu – for natural vitamin C: 5 grams, 2x a day to boost immunity and enhance detox
- Bee Pollen – 2 Tbsp, 2x daily
- Ginseng (Siberian, Panax) – extends lifespan of rats exposed to radiation
- Kelp (Sea Vegetable) -¼ teaspoon of powder 2x daily is a substitute for potassium iodide
- Marine Phytoplankton – a powerful concentrated superfood that can reduce radiation poisoning sickness
- Probiotics – to enhance the digestive immune systems
- Reishi Mushrooms – powerful immune system booster
- Sodium Bicarbonate – binds with uranium so it can help prevent kidney damage, also great for separating it from the dirt to clean soil and a great fire extinguisher. For use in the bath to detox, 2-3 pounds is recommended.
- Spirulina or Chlorella – take 5 grams 2x a day. Removes cesium-137, dramatically boosts the immune system
- Turmeric – contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Uranium Nitricum – a homeopathic remedy for uranium exposure
- Wheatgrass or Barley Grass Powders
- Zeolites – overall great heavy metal detox supplement – 10 drops 4-6x a day.
* Special note: take a Kidney herb formula to avoid over stressing and accumulation of detox.
- Chaparral – contains a potent anti-oxidant known as NGRA, was one of the few plants to survive atomic testing in Nevada
- Astragalus, echinacea, rosemary – have all been shown to counteract radiation toxicity to some extent