Well, flu season is here-no surprise to those of us working in the school system. What can we do to help ourselves and our loved ones naturally?
Among the top remedies is garlic. We tend to forget that this wonderful-tasting cooking herb also has a wide range of healing properties that have been well researched.
- People who take daily garlic supplements tend to catch fewer common colds than people who do not supplement with garlic.
- It is antibiotic and antifungal.
- Some say it is antiviral-not directly, but because it improves one's immune system.
- The stronger the garlic aroma, the higher the concentration of antimicrobial sulfur compounds.
So, how do we take garlic?
- You can buy garlic in capsules or pills. Some are even coated with chlorophyll-containing greens to cut that garlic breath odor.
- You can also just dive in, buy the garlic from the produce section, and eat one or two cloves per day to prevent colds and flu.
Next time, a recipe for Garlic Tea. (Yes, Garlic Tea! It's better than you'd think!)