In some parts of the country, peach season is around the corner. We have a delicious grilled chicken recipe courtesy of San-J that we are sure you will enjoy. Peaches are rich in anti-oxidants, potassium and vitamin C. Add a green salad for a balanced and nutritious meal.
½ cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
½ teaspoon Sriracha (or other hot pepper) sauce
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
¼ cup slivered almonds
6 firm but ripe peaches, washed
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
Salt & Pepper
1. Combine the San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce and Sriracha. Take out 1 tablespoon and reserve. Pour the remaining sauce into a medium bowl.
2. Cut the chicken thighs into 20 evenly sized pieces. Put in the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 – 30 minutes.
3. Toast the almond slices in a small, dry, hot skillet over medium high heat until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3 or 4 minutes. Let cool.
4. Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F). If using wooden skewers, soak 4 for 20 minutes in water.
5. Cut 4 of the peaches into quarters and the remaining 2 peaches into thin slices. Thread the chicken pieces on 4 skewers alternating with the peach quarters, beginning and ending with chicken. Brush the grates of the grill with oil. Grill the skewers, with the lid closed, for 8 – 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the peaches are soft with grill marks.
6. Just before serving, whisk together the reserved 1 Tablespoon of sauce with the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the arugula, thinly sliced peaches and toasted almonds. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with a side salad.
This recipe originally appeared on San-J’s website and was developed by Carol Kicinski.