Shrimp pop with flavor when you put them on the grill. They are super easy to cook and loved by many!
This simple chimichurri sauce takes the grilled shrimp to the next level. Slather on the sauce and enjoy the strong rich flavors. Serve with a light, refreshing salad using plenty of fresh salad greens such as watercress, spinach or romaine lettuce leaves. This keto friendly meal is perfect to serve either for lunch or a light dinner. For a super quick meal, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serves: approx. 4 – 6
Ingredients you will need
3 – 9 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped (to taste)
1 Red jalapeno pepper, stemmed seeded and coarsely chopped
¼ Cup Oregano leaves, leaves
1 Cup Parsley leaves, fresh
1/4 Cup White wine vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 lb Jumbo shrimp
- Combine the garlic and jalapeno in a food processor and mince finely, use as much or as little garlic as you would prefer.
- Add the oregano and parsley and pulse to a fine chop.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil and salt, processing until smooth and emulsified. (The sauce can be used immediately; or pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.)
- Remove about 1/3 cup of the sauce to use as a baste for the shrimp.
- Grease a charcoal or gas grill with oil of preference (such as coconut oil) and heat to medium – high.
- Place shrimp on grill 4 to 6 inches from the source of heat. Baste and cook about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until they are pink and cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining sauce on the side and your choice of salad greens and cherry tomatoes.
For more information keto recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter:
Read This Next: Grilled Wasabi Shrimp Sushi Wraps
DISCLAIMER: This recipe contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the ingredient links, Naturally Savvy will receive a small commission so we can keep pumping out amazing recipes like this one. Thank you so much for your support!