This Halloween you can skip all those wrapped candies and still enjoy a super exciting, festive treat without all the nasty added sugars and not to mention artificial colors, additives and preservatives.
We’ve come up with a frightfully fun treat that kids of all ages (and adults) are going to love! Our eyeball potion can be made a day ahead, allowing you to focus on all the fun things that come with Halloween. It can also be easily doubled to make a large batch for your little (or big) monsters and can also be served in smaller cups with two eyeballs each to stretch your potion even further.
Ingredients you will need
16 Lychees, (canned) drained
16 Lg Blueberries, (or raspberries)
2 ½ Cup Raspberry and apple juice (no sugar added), or juice of choice
2 Tbsp Grassfed beef gelatin powder or plain organic gelatin
- Gently press one large blueberry into the center of the hollow of each lychee to look like an eyeball.
- Add the gleatin powder to ¼ cup of the juice in a small saucepan and set aside to “bloom” (thicken).
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, add in the remaining juice into the saucepan and place over low to medium heat. Cook, stirring gently until the gelatin has totally dissolved and the liquid is just simmering.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add four of the lyches “eyeballs” to a short glass.
- Divide the gelatin mixture evenly between each glass, pouring over and around each eyeball in each cup, leaving one or two of the tops of the “eyeballs” exposed.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours, or until firm.
For more healthy, natural holiday recipes, be sure to sign up for our newsletter:
Read this next: Pumpkins: Trick or Treat? 7 Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Pumpkins But Should
DISCLAIMER: This recipe contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the ingredient links, Naturally Savvy will receive a small commission so we can keep pumping out amazing recipes like this one. Thank you so much for your support!