This slice of creamy heaven has all the wonderful textures a typical "cheesecake" has to offer but without the dairy.
Don't let the prep time fool you, this dairy-free lime and pistachio "cheesecake" is quite simple to make. With no baking required and just a bit of blitzing and blending, this will be a recipe you will keep making again and again. With no sugar, dairy or gluten, this treat will not only satisfy many a sweet tooth but will help keep you feeling you're very best.
Serves: approx. 12
Ingredients you will need to make the crust
½ cup Dates, pitted
½ cup Dried apricots
¼ cup Goji berries
1 cup Walnuts
¼ cup Pistachios
1 tbsp Coconut oil
Ingredients to make the filling:
1 1/2 cup Cashews, soaked for 2 hours in a bowl of water
½ cup Raw pistachios, (shelled) soaked for 2 hours in a bowl of water with cashews
14 oz Coconut cream, (chilled in fridge for at least 24 hours)
1/3 cup Coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup Lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp Lime peel, finely grated
1/2 cup Monk fruit sweetener
*You will need to use a chilled glass mixing bowl; ensure you place one in the fridge before you start preparing the recipe.
- Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor with a metal blade. Mix on high speed until it forms a slightly "chunky" dough. Dough should be quite sticky.
- Line a slice tray with non-stick paper and press the dough (in a compact manner) into the base of the pan in an even layer. Either use the back of a spoon, rubber spatula or even your fingers will do. Smooth the top as best you can.
- Drain the cashews and pistachios (discarding the water) and add to the food processor. Process on high speed for approximately 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Scrape the nut paste out into a chilled glass mixing bowl.
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge and open. Scoop out the thick, solid part of the coconut cream and add to bowl.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients to the bowl and mix using an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 2 minutes or until well combined and slightly fluffy.
- Pour the filling mixture over the prepared crust, smooth out with back of spoon or rubber spatula.
- Cover the slice tray with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 – 6 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve cut the cheesecake slice into squares and garnish each square with a thin slice of fresh lime, some crushed pistachios and a sprinkle of fresh lime zest.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the ingredient links, Naturally Savvy will receive a small commission so we can keep pumping out amazing recipes like this one. Thank you so much for your support!
For more healthy dairy-free recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter: