When I think of baked apples, I think of autumn, but in fact these delicious treats can be enjoyed any time of the year. Baked apples are a sweet dessert with a touch of cinnamon, but you can jazz them up any way you want. Enjoy as a snack or in the morning for breakfast.
- 4 organic Macintosh apples*
- 2 tablespoons organic raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Wash and chop tops off apples, place to the side.
- Core centers of apples.
- Place raisins in the center of apples (where core used to be).
- Top with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover apple with their original tops.
- Pour water into base of pan.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
For more yummy healthy recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter: