Baked Halibut in Wine Tomato Broth
So simple and easy, so full of flavor, and SO beautiful on the dinner table! It’s a “throw-everything-in-a-pan-and-just-bake-right-before-your-guests-arrive" kind of dish! The white wine, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and turmeric all blend perfectly with the halibut. The slices of lemon give it the final touch. The result is just delectable!
- 6 Halibut filets (about 2½ lbs)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium ripe red tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe yellow tomato, sliced
- ¾ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced in half moons
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Rinse and pat dry the halibut and place in a single layer in a baking pan. Sprinkle the halibut with the turmeric and salt. Place all the tomatoes around the fish and pour the wine over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro or basil and top the halibut with the lemon slices. Drizzle the olive oil over all the fish filets (you can cover and refrigerate at this point, until ready to bake). Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
This recipe originally appeared on cuisinicity.com.