Chili is all about keeping you warm and satisfied during the colder months. This recipe is bursting with rich flavors and won’t disappoint.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 pounds ground beef chuck*; boneless
1 cup onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tsp garlic clove, minced
1 tsp salt
2 cans organic tomatoes, whole peeled, 14 ½ oz each can
6 oz tomato paste, organic
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika, or to taste
*Beef chuck is a specific cut of beef.
Optional toppings to serve with chili:
Green onion, sliced
Jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until beef is evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle salt over beef. Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano and crushed red pepper. Break up the tomatoes with the tip of a wooden spoon.
- Cover tightly; reduce heat to low to medium-low; simmer for approximately 45 minutes to allow flavors to develop and become rich. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and any excess liquid is evaporated.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
Subscribe to our newsletter as we include easy recipes your whole family will enjoy.