These luscious pots de crème are a no-bake variation of my famous original Crème au Chocolat. They add the sweet nutty taste of hazelnuts! If you love nutella, as most French people do-in fact they are obsessed (!)-you will absolutely LOVE these, c’est un régal! Of course they are much healthier (not all that added sugar), sustainable (no palm oil of course), and nutritious at that: Just take a look at the wholesome simple plant-based ingredients that I use, I am amazed myself! I like to serve these in beautiful champagne flutes or tall martini glasses to add a note of elegance to the whole experience!!
I prefer using dry roasted unsalted hazelnuts because they impart more flavor but raw hazelnuts will work as well.
1/3 cup whole dry roasted hazelnuts
6 oz coconut milk (unsweetened)
5 pitted medjool dates, chopped + 2 Tbsp water
12 oz organic silken tofu (soft), not drained
½ cup canned black lentils, rinsed and drained*
8 oz dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa)
Chopped or crushed hazelnuts for the topping
1. Place the chopped dates in a little container with 2 Tbsp water and warm in a sauce pan to soften and set aside.
2. Break up the chocolate into pieces and melt over low heat or in a double burner, stir well until smooth and proceed.
3. Place all the ingredients in a blender (except for the chopped hazelnuts for the topping) and process for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
Scrape the sides and blend again for another minute.
4. Pour the mixture in individual containers of your choice, I love using champagne glasses and filling them half way.
5. Top with chopped or crushed hazelnuts.
6. Refrigerate and serve cool or at room temperature.
This recipe originally appeared on Cuisinicity.com.
For more healthy and delicious recipes, subscribe to our newsletter: