Looking for a comforting lamb stew to serve? Look no further.
5 potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
3 onions, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
3 carrots, scraped and cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
1 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
3 1/2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups beef broth
- Layer half of the potato slices on the bottom of a large, heavy pot.
- Cover with half of the onion slices, then top with all of the carrots and parsnip.
- Layer the lamb pieces evenly over the vegetables and sprinkle with thyme, Worcestershire, salt and black pepper.
- Layer with the remaining potato and onion slices.
- Pour broth over all ingredients and bring to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until lamb is very tender.
For more delicious and healthy recipes, subscribe to our newsletter: