A savory complete meal in a bowl. Make extras and they can be taken for lunch. It's a fun dish the whole family can enjoy.
Chicken Fajita Bowl
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning (see below)
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg’s Amino Acids
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/8th slice avocado per serving
- 4 green onions, green tips only
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Splash Bragg’s Amino Acid
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a tablespoon of oil, such as olive or coconut.
2. Sauté peppers until softened, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. of Bragg’s Amino Acids and season with pepper to taste, toss to combine. Transfer pepper mixture onto a plate set aside.
3. Toss chicken breasts in Fajita Seasoning. Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook chicken breasts until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from skillet, thinly slice chicken breasts crosswise.
4. To assemble, fill a large bowl with mixed greens. Arrange sliced chicken breasts, pepper mixture, quinoa, and avocado slices on top of greens. Garnish the bowl with thinly green onion tips and finely chopped cilantro. Serve with a splash of Bragg’s Amino Acids.
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Dash wheat-free asafetida powder
- 1 tsp. salt
Directions for Fajita Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a jar.
- Put the lid on the jar, shake well until mixed.
More FODMAP recipes:
DISCLAIMER: This article contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, Naturally Savvy will receive a small commission so we can keep pumping out amazing articles like this one. Thank you so much for your support!