There are so many reasons to love your slow cooker also know as a crockpot. This recipe for maple dijon chicken is another one to add to the list!
• 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts
• 1/8 cup maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon Dijon or whole grain mustard
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
• 1/4 cup water* not needed until the day of cooking
1. Label your 1/2 gallon-sized freezer bag (gallon size if doubling recipe).
2. Add all ingredients to a freezer bag.
3. Remove air from freezer bag, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
1. The night before cooking, move freezer bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
2. The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot and add water.
3. Cook on low setting for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
5. Serve with ½ cup steamed broccoli or a low-FODMAP salad.
This recipe makes 3 servings (or you can double the servings to make 6 servings – just place into a few bags)
DISCLAIMER: This recipe contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the ingredient links, Naturally Savvy will receive a small commission so we can keep pumping out amazing recipes like this one. Thank you so much for your support!