This delicious recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker or in the stove. The secret to its taste is the slow cooking that melds all the flavors and is reminiscent of turkey pot pie. Yum!
4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/2 rib celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
½ cup broccoli florets
2.5 cups low-FODMAP broth
1 can Full Fat Unsweetened Coconut Milk
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp white pepper (black is fine if you have it)
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp ground oregano
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 cup frozen green beans (add 30 min prior to serving)
1. Into your 6-quart slow cooker, place the chicken thighs, chopped celery, carrots, and butternut squash.
2. Add the broth and unsweetened coconut milk. Stir in the salt, white pepper, dried thyme, and oregano.
3. Turn the slow-cooker to high and allow to cook 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through. Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
4. Add the zucchini and frozen green beans and allow to cook for 30 minutes more.
5. Before serving, and if the coconut milk has separated, briefly whisk the creamy broth to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve and enjoy!
Want more healthy recipes, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter: