Orange Spinach Wild Salmon Recipe
Wild salmon with spinach is not only another one of those nutritionally winning combination but a culinary delight as well! The simple marinade of fresh orange juice, extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar just brings it all together. It's also just so beautiful and inviting!
Marinade: Juice of 2 medium oranges (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
3/4 teaspoons coarse salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
The Dish:4 wild salmon filets (about 1 1/2 lbs, and each filet should be about 1 inch thick and 1 1/2 inch wide
1/8 teaspoons salt
10-12 ounces fresh baby spinach
10 sundried tomatoes (no oil)
2 oranges, sliced in half moons
1. Preheat oven 350º F.
2. Place all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl, stir well and put aside.
3. Place spinach at the bottom of a baking dish (it will seem like a lot, but don't worry, it will diminish in size considerably when baked!).
4. Lightly salt the salmon filet with no more than 1/8 teaspoons salt, and place on top of spinach.
5. Top each filet with a slice of orange and place the sundried tomatoes all around (see photo at the bottom of the page).
6. Drizzle the marinade over everything and place in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7. When ready, place the remaining sliced oranges all around and serve.
This recipe originally appeared on Cuisinicity.com.