Kids love pizza, so here is a great variation on a meal that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This recipe is great for everyone who is avoiding gluten. Easy to make you can serve it with a side salad and you can even have extra topping for the kids to try like olives or finely sliced peppers. Give it a try and let us know if it was a hit in your home.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 6 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or non-dairy alternative)
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Immerse potatoes in water and boil on stove top until tender.
- Place the potatoes on a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper. Smash the potatoes with a bowl so they are flattened.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 450F for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle each potato with crushed garlic.
- Cover each “pizza” with a tbsp of tomato sauce and cover with shredded cheese.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven , sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve.