Enjoy the cleansing and digestive goodness of aloe vera in a new way! A sweet raspberry vinaigrette dressing that incorporates aloe vera makes for a unique spin on a classic dressing. Paired with bitter greens, this salad is a powerhouse of digestive health well-being.
• 3 cups fresh baby spinach
• 1 endive, chopped
• ½ head escarole, chopped
• handful arugula
• ½ small radicchio, chopped
• handful watercress, coarse stems discarded, leaves chopped
• ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
• 1 large ripened heirloom tomato, sliced
• ½ pint raspberries
• 2 tablespoons Lily of the Desert Preservative-Free Aloe Vera Juice
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon minced shallot
• 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
• coarse salt and ground pepper
In a separate bowl, roughly mash raspberries with a fork. Pour dressing mixture over berries, stir together, and let sit in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours to let the flavors blend.
Before serving the salad, take dressing from the refrigerator, give it one last whisk, and serve over bitter greens! Serves 4.
Recipe courtesy of Lily of the Desert
Image: Elana's pantry
More salad recipes:
Sign up for our newsletter to receive health news and recipes to your inbox: