Halibut is a mild, sweet tasting with a firm texture. It pairs well with this sauce and is great with a light salad on the side.
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 (8 ounce) halibut filet or steaks
1 cup dry white wine
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 400.
- Toast fennel seeds in heavy small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet; cool.
- Finely chop fennel seeds.
- Combine butter, parsley, mustard and fennel seeds in small bowl. Mash with rubber spatula until smooth and well blended. Season fennel butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Pour wine over the fish.
- Bake until opaque in center, basting occasionally with wine and juices in dish for about 15 minutes.
- Spread all of fennel butter over fish and serve with a side salad of cucumbers and tomatoes.